- Opportunity for: cultural and creative industries
‘Corti d’Autore’ (Auteur Shorts) involves the selection of five projects for the creation and production of original and unpublished short films by nationally and internationally renowned film makers, with a maximum duration of three minutes, in five artistic macro-areas:
- design, architecture, fashion;
- publishing, Italian language (also in relation to the 700th anniversary of Dante Alighieri’s death);
- cinema and audiovisual;
- performing arts;
- art and heritage.
The initiative, launched by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation in collaboration with the National Association of Cinematographic, Audiovisual and Media Industries (ANICA), aims specifically to promote a new narrative of post-Covid Italy.
“Auteur Shorts” is the result of extensive preparations involving all the associations of the audiovisual world and a creative workshop attended by leading talent on the Italian film scene (including Cristina Comencini, Saverio Costanzo, Paolo Genovese, Valeria Golino, Nicola Guaglianone, Daniele Luchetti), who personally contributed their reflections to enrich the drafting of guidelines for participating in the project.
The possible themes of the productions are as follows:
- ‘The factory of things’. Italy leader of doing things well;
- a highly competitive country, much more capable than its own self-narrative;
- a wonderful country, which is not afraid to face and talk about its own contradictions, as occurred with Neorealism;
- a surprising country, rich with vibrant innovation and young leaders, beyond the usual commonplaces;
- the different territories as an integrated expression of widespread beauty and deep roots in manufacturing.
The short films must be innovative in art and content, demonstrating a strong country for its values, production capacity and international attractiveness.
The projects are selected by a jury of excellence consisting of five leading figures in the world of Italian audiovisual production with an international vision: Maria Pia Ammirati, Piera Detassis, Monica Maggioni, Ludovica Rampoldi and Gabriele Salvatores.
All the information for participating in the selection is provided in the attached Regulations.
From 2021, the short films will be released online by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and accompany the promotion of Italy abroad through the network of Embassies, Consular Offices and Italian Cultural Institutes.