In São Paulo, a course dedicated to the Brazilian architect born in Rome.
‘Lina, a biography’ is a course organised by the Centro Pesquisa e Formação of the SESC, in collaboration with the Italian Cultural Institute of São Paulo, dedicated to the life of Lina Bo Bardi (1914-1992), a Brazilian architect born in Rome .
The meetings, scheduled from 18 August, every Thursday, from 10:00 to 12:00 (local time), will trace a profile of Lina Bo Bardi, from her training in Italy to the design and construction processes of buildings such as the MASP, the SESC Pompéia and the Solar do Unhão. The lectures will be held by Francesco Perrotta-Bosch, essayist and author of ‘Lina: una biografia’ (Todavia, 2021).
- Lesson 1: Childhood, education, war and emigration to Brazil (1914-47)
- Lesson 2: The MASP on Rua Sete de Abril and the MASP on Paulista Avenue (1947-68)
- Lesson 3: The first Baiano period (1958-64)
- Lesson 4: The SESC Pompéia (1977-86)
- Lesson 5: The exhibitions of SESC Pompéia (1982-86)
This is a paid course. Registration opens on 27 July.
For more information, see iicasanpaolo.esteri.it