The Italian Cultural Institute of Beijing presents a selection of short animated films on the occasion of Cartoons on the Bay 2021. The international festival dedicated to television, film and cross-media animation, founded in 1995, aims to promote the work of writers and producers from all over the world, offering an opportunity to meet buyers, distributors and television managers.
The short films in the review were developed and produced by CSC Animazione of Turin, the animation film school of the Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografica, as diploma projects.
Here is the complete list of scheduled titles:
- La Ballata dei Senza Tetto (2015) – Monica Manganelli
- The Age of Rust (2014) – Francesco Aber e Alessandro Mattei
- Imperium Vacui (2014) – Linda Kelvink, Massimo Ottoni
- Office Kingdom (2014) – Salvatore Centoducati, Eleonora Bertolucci, Giulio De Toma, Ruben Pirito
- Cosmoetico (2015) – Martina Scarpelli
- Pircantauri (2015) – Alice Buscaldi, Angela Conigliaro, Lorenzo Fresta
- Merlot (2016) – Marta Gennari e Giulia Martinelli
- Humus (2017) – Simone Cirillo, Simone Di Rocco, Dario Livietti, Alice Tagliapietra
- L’Anguilla (2018) – Silvia Bassoli, Giacomo D’Ancona, Maria Virginia Moratti
- Service Inc. (2018) – Isac Amisano, Guglielmo Audenino, Leonardo Tacconella, Gabriele Tonsi
- New Neighbours (2018) – Andrea Mannino, Sara Burgio, Giacomo Rinaldi
- Polvere Sottile (2018) – Alessandra Boatto, Gloria Cianci, Sofia Zanonato
- Pilgrim (2019) – Andrea Berardi, Matteo Ricci
- Whatever Happened to Darwin (2019) – Leonardo Altieri, Sara Crippa, Giulia Manna, Maria Nocerino
All titles will be screened with Chinese subtitles. Registration is required.
For all information on visiting the exhibition, see iicpechino.esteri.it.