In celebration of the centenary of the birth of Pier Paolo Pasolini (1922 – 1975), the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs commissioned a series of videos from the Cineteca di Bologna, intended as an introduction to the screenings and festivals dedicated to Pasolini organised by Cultural Institutes, Embassies and Italian consulates in the most diverse cinemas in the world.
An unusual image of the multifaceted artist and his work emerges from cut scenes, interviews on set and further testimonies from directors and intellectuals who recall and comment on his masterpieces. These precious archival materials are accompanied by a cycle of original video introductions to Pasolini’s filmography, by film-makers, actors, critics and film historians.
For Fare Cinema, a selection of these introductions is available to the public on the Vimeo channel of italiana:
- Roberto Chiesi presents ‘Accattone‘
- Riccardo Costantini presents ‘Che cosa sono le nuvole?‘
- Anna Masecchia presents ‘Teorema‘
- Emiliano Morreale presents ‘Love Meetings‘ (Comizi d’amore)
- Marco Antonio Bazzocchi presents ‘Appunti per un’Orestiade Africana‘