The Italian Cultural Institute of Toronto is pleased to participate in the ICFF Open-Air Cinema, presented by the Italian Contemporary Film Festival (ICFF). Two weeks of special events will be presented in a new outdoor location: the Ontario Place Trillium Park waterfront venue.
These are the titles that will be presented:
- 21 July | Carlo Scarpa and Aldo Rossi: Masters of Poetry and Memory
The screening of the documentary by Francesco Conversano and Nene Grignaffini will be introduced by a panel discussion on the renowned and controversial architect, Aldo Rossi.
- 22 July | Aspromonte: Land of the Forgotten
Winner of last year’s People’s Choice Award,the film, directed by Mimmo Calopresti, will recount the captivating and tearful story of a small village in the southern valley of Aspromonte.
- 24 July | Sin – Il Peccato
The screening will shed a light on the internationally renowned and imitated artist and sculptor, Michelangelo Buonarroti, through the images by Andrey Konchalovski.
- 25July | Dante Inferno – Live Musical
- In honour of the 700-year anniversary of the passing of the medieval poet and philosopher, Dante Alighieri, the festival will host the special screening of ‘Inferno’ (1911) with an extraordinary live musical accompaniment by Maurizio Guarini.
- 27 July | Homus Urbanus Venetianus
- he event will be centred around the very fitting topic of water architecture and construction through the images of the successes and struggles of Venice’s architecture.
- 28 July | The Chain
A filmed play where cinema meets theatre, and theatre embraces the language of cinema. The original Quebec production follows the story of Tullio Testa, a working-class landscape contractor, who, after turning the business over to his younger son Massimo, is faced with the consequences of his actions that change the family dynamics forever.
- 30 July | I- Beauty, Italian Cosmetics Day
The special event, co-presented with Cosmetica Italia and the Italian Trade Commission, will include the screening of several short films by Gucci, Dior, Moschino, and Valentino.
For more information iictoronto.esteri.it.