Conceived and produced by Fondazione Cinema per Roma, ‘Reboot. Il cinema italiano riparte‘ (Italian film is back) is an original project of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, part of the thematic programming of Fare Cinema 2021. A gallery of short video portraits designed to cast a spotlight on directors, screenwriters, set photographers, costume designers and producers, and tell an international audience about the choral and collaborative dimension of Italian film making.
To complete the event, in the week between 14 and 20 June 2021, the Italian Cultural Institutes around the world will present a cycle of six online meetings with personalities from the world of cinema and audiovisuals.
A series of conversations, curated by Mario Sesti, devised as a moment of dialogue and discussion between Italian and international professionals, reflecting the polyphonic and cosmopolitan vocation of the ‘seventh art’ and its protagonists.
Calendar of events:
- 14 June: Italian Cultural Institute of Athens: Adele Tulli (director) and Alessandro Siliotopoulos (director)
- 15 June: Italian Cultural Institute of Dakar: Nicoletta Taranta (costume designer) and Omou Sy (stylist and costume designer)
- 16 June: Italian Cultural Institute of Toronto: Saverio Costanzo (director) and Jerry Ciccoritti (director)
- 17 June: Italian Cultural Institute of Ljubljana: Paola Mammini (screenwriter) and Branko Završan (actor)
- 18 June: Italian Cultural Institute of San Paolo: Leonardo Fasoli (screenwriter) and Flavia Guerra (journalist)
- 19 June: Italian Cultural Institute of Hamburg: Fabio and Damiano D’Innocenzo (directors) and Carlo Chatrian (Director of the Berlin International Film Festival)
The conversations are available here on italiana , and on the YouTube channels of the Italian Cultural Institutes.