‘Talks on Italian Contemporary Art 2021’ is a series of online meetings promoted by the Italian Cultural Institute of Moscow and curated by Chiara Bertola, curator and head of the contemporary art project at the Querini Stampalia Foundation Museum in Venice, engaging cultural operators, museum directors, critics and curators to raise awareness of institutions and aspects of Italian contemporary artistic culture in Russia.
The theme of the talks will be the ‘care of art’: the complex relationship between curator and artist, the role of cultural institutions such as museums, foundations and art centres in a country like Italy, where the relationship between ancient and contemporary, between the art of today and the art of the past, it is of primary importance.
Daniela Rizzi, Institute’s Director, and Chiara Bertola talk with:
- Thursday 4 March | Angela Vettese, Curator and art historian at the IUAV in Venice
- Tuesday 9 March | Patrizia Brusarosco, founder of the ViaFarini art space in Milan and Giulio Verago, Curator of the first ‘living archive’ of young Italian artists
- Thursday 11 March | Paolo Naldini, Director of Cittadellarte – Pistoletto – Biella Foundation
- Tuesday 16 March | Laura Barreca, Director of the Civic Museum of Castelbuono in Palermo and Artistic Director of the ‘MudaC – Carrara Arts Museum’
- Thursday 18 March | Luca Lo Pinto, Director of the Museum of Contemporary Art in Rome (MACRO)
- Tuesday 23 March | Sergio Risaliti, Director of the Museo del Novecento in Florence
The talks will be held at 5 pm (Rome time) / 7 pm (Moscow time), with simultaneous Russian translation, on Zoom and are also available on the Institute’s Facebook page.
For more information, go to iicmosca.esteri.it