newitalianbooks.it is a digital platform that aims to contribute to the internationalization of Italian publishing, increasing its visibility on foreign markets and promoting synergies with the network of Italian institutions abroad.
Entirely bilingual (Italian/English), the platform is a tool available to all Italian publishers to present their books to an international audience. A great showcase for Italian books, newitalianbooks.it offers complete and updated information on the latest national releases through a series of reading data sheets provided directly by the publishers. Each data sheet briefly illustrates the reasons of interest in the work and is accompanied by a short extract, in original and in translation, the biographical profile of the author and contact details for the rights managers.
The site is divided into several sections and includes:
- reviews of new books;
- precise information on all devices, both Italian and European, to support translations;
- databases on publishing houses, agents, translators, book fairs, literary awards, festivals, Italian bookshops abroad and more;
- an agenda dedicated to the main events promoting Italian literature abroad, with the particular support of the Representations (Embassies, Consular Offices) and the Italian Cultural Institutes;
- interviews with national and international operators of the book supply chain (publishers, literary agents, translators, Italianists, booksellers, librarians);
- a series of in-depth examinations of the publishing success of Italian authors in the world.
newitalianbooks.it is promoted by the Treccani Italian Encyclopaedia Institute with the support of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, the Centro per il libro e la lettura (Centre for Books and Reading) – Ministry for Cultural Heritage and Activities and for Tourism, in collaboration with the Italian Publishers Association.