This site uses technical, analytics and third-party cookies.
By continuing to browse, you accept the use of cookies.

Preferencescookies

Header, site navigation

Map events

Comprehensive Italian State School of Paris - primary school
Portal of the Italian language

Comprehensive Italian State School of Paris – primary school

The Italian school in Paris was founded in 1932 through the involvement of a “School Committee” that, in previous years, had organized after-school courses for Italian children living in the outskirts of the city. In 1934, the school was expanded to include primary education and moved to a larger and more suitable location. During this period, the number of students grew significantly, leading to the opening of a second establishment and reaching almost 600 members. From 1940 to 1949, the number of students fell significantly, in part due to the war and the occupation of the school by the Provisional Government of the French Republic. In 1949, the Directorate of Cultural Relations of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs performed an audit of the schools existing abroad and decided to open the “Leonardo da Vinci” Italian school in rue Sédillot in Paris, the current site of the lower secondary school and the Liceo Scientifico. On 4 November of the same year, with the Italian-French Convention Culturelle, a reciprocal agreement was established between the “Leonardo da Vinci” in Paris and the “Chateaubriand” in Rome.
In 1961, the primary school was moved to its current location on Avenue de Villars, which had previously housed the Italian Cultural Institute, and was later expanded to include a private nursery school.

Order and rank: Primary School

Browse the articles