The Italian Cultural Institute of Bogotá, an official body of the Italian State, aims to promote and improve awareness of the Italian language and culture in Colombia through the organization of cultural events to promote the circulation of ideas, arts and sciences.
The Italian Cultural Institute of Bogotá offers the following services to the public:
- Courses in Italian language and culture held by qualified native Italian teachers;
- Two annual exam sessions to obtain the certificate of Italian as a foreign language (CILS and CELI exams);
- An Italian library open to members for consultation and loans of books and videotapes;
- Information and documentation on Italian culture;
- Management of applications for study grants offered by the Italian government to Colombian citizens and IRE (Italian Residents Abroad);
- It is the ICON examination centre (Online Degree Course in Italian Language and Culture for Foreigners).
For concerts, for some art exhibitions and for wider-reaching events, the Institute works in collaboration with local art institutions and museums, theatres and in general numerous institutions dependent on the Colombian Ministry of Culture and on the Municipal Authority of Bogotá.
The Institute facilitates contacts between the cultural and scientific figures and institutions of the two countries and promotes collaboration between Colombian and Italian schools and academic institutions.