The Italian Cultural Institute of Edinburgh, the official body of the Italian State, promotes and improves awareness of the Italian language and culture in Scotland and Northern Ireland through the organization of a wide range of cultural events.
The Italian Cultural Institute of Edinburgh offers the following services:
- Italian language courses held by qualified native Italian teachers
- conferences, exhibitions, book presentations
- a library open to students, teachers and “Members of the Italian Institute” for the consultation and loan of books and DVDs
- information and documentation on Italian culture
- information on study grants offered by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for studying and research in Italy
- information on study grants offered by the Institute for short language courses in Italy
In the organization of cultural events, the Institute works in collaboration with the largest Scottish institutions:
- the Universities of Edinburgh, Glasgow, Glasgow Strathclyde, St. Andrews, Heriot-Watt, Napier and Queen Margaret.
- National Gallery of Edinburgh, Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art, Royal Scottish Museum, Edinburgh College of Art, National Library of Scotland, City Art Centre Edinburgh, Edinburgh Printmakers
- Tramway Theatre, Tron Theatre, CCA, City Halls of Glasgow; Traverse and Festival Theatre in Edinburgh; MacRobert Theatre of Stirling; Aberdeen Lemon Tree Theatre
- Edinburgh International Festival, Italian Film Festival, Fringe Festival, Children’s Festival, St Magnus Festival, Book Festival, Jazz and Blues Festival, St Giles Cathedral
- Edinburgh Filmhouse, GFT Glasgow
- Edinburgh City Council, Glasgow City Council