The Italian Cultural Institute (IIC) of Istanbul is the cultural office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The Italian Cultural Institute of Istanbul promotes the Italian language and culture in its area of competence by disseminating information on Italy, on the study grants available for Italy and by organizing various cultural events, such as exhibitions, film screenings, concerts , conferences, book presentations, poetry readings and round tables.
The Italian Cultural Institute of Istanbul organizes a full and structured programme that includes a wide range of subjects: from Archaeology to Restoration and Visual Arts, from Architecture and Design to Photography, from Film and Theatre to Music, from Language and Literature to Publishing, from Sociology to History, from Science to Philosophy, thus moving across different fields of knowledge and offering high quality events.
The Italian Cultural Institute of Istanbul offers the following services to the public:
- courses in Italian language and culture held by qualified teachers
- two annual exam sessions to obtain a Certificate of Italian Language (CELI, University for Foreigners of Perugia)
- a Library of 12,500 volumes available to students and members for the consultation and loan of Italian books, CDs, DVDs, magazines, journals and newspapers
- information and documentation on Italian culture
The Institute actively participates in the following Festivals:
- Istanbul Biennial
- International Film Festival
- International Theatre Festival
- International Music Festival
- International Puppet Festival
- International Labour Film Festival