The Italian Cultural Institute of London, the official body of the Italian State, aims to promote and improve awareness of the Italian language and culture in Great Britain through the organization of cultural events to promote the circulation of ideas, arts and sciences.
In particular, the Institute:
- establishes relationships with institutions, bodies and figures of culture and science in Britain and promotes proposals and projects to improve knowledge of Italian culture or in any case aimed at cultural and scientific collaboration.
- provides documentation and information on Italian cultural life and relative institutions;
- promotes initiatives, cultural events and exhibitions;
- supports initiatives for the cultural development of Italian communities abroad, to facilitate both their integration in the host country and the cultural relationship with the homeland;
- ensures collaboration for Italian scholars and students in their research and study abroad;
- promotes and encourages initiatives for disseminating the Italian language abroad, also relying on the collaboration of Italian language assistants at British universities and Italian universities that perform specific educational and scientific activities connected with these purposes.