The Italian Cultural Institute of Saint Petersburg, the official body of the Italian State, aims to promote and improve awareness of the Italian language and culture through the organization of cultural events to encourage the circulation of ideas, arts and sciences .
The Italian Cultural Institute of St Petersburg offers the following services to the Russian public:
- Italian language courses held by qualified native Italian teachers
- two annual exam sessions to obtain a certificate of Italian as a foreign language
- an Italian library open to students and members for the consultation and loan of Italian books, DVDs, magazines
- information and documentation Italian culture
For concerts, some art exhibitions and for wider-reaching events, the Institute works in collaboration with
- local art institutions and museums, such as the State Hermitage Museum, the Russian State Museum, the State Ethnographic Museum, the Anna Akhmatova Museum, the Cinema Museum, the Academy of Fine Arts.
- theatres, such as the Mariinsky Opera and Ballet Theatre, the Mussorgsky Academic Opera and Ballet Theatre, the Small Theatre of Prose (Malyj Theatre), the Hermitage Theatre, the Baltijskij Dom Theatre, the Rimsky-Korsakov Conservatory, the Alexandrinsky and others.
- the Cultural Institutes of the EUNIC cluster and in general with numerous Institutions dependent on the Russian Ministry of Culture and the Municipal Authority of St Petersburg.
The Institute organizes a film festival of new Italian films (New Italian Cinema Events).