The Italian Cultural Institute of Tunis, the official body of the Italian State, aims to promote and improve awareness of Italian language and culture in Tunisia through the organization of cultural events to promote the circulation of ideas, arts and sciences.
The Italian Cultural Institute of Tunis offers the following services to the Tunisian public:
- Italian language and culture courses held by qualified native Italian teachers;
- annual exam sessions to obtain Italian language certificates: agreement with the University for Foreigners of Siena (CILS exams) and with the University for Foreigners of Perugia (CELI exams);
- a media library open to members for the consultation and loan of Italian books, CDs, DVDs, magazines, journals and newspapers;
- information and documentation on Italian culture;
For concerts, some art exhibitions and for wider-reaching events, the Institute works in collaboration locally with:
- the Ministry of Culture
- the Ministry of Tourism
- the Municipal Authority of Tunis
- the Ministry of Higher Education
- the Municipal Theatre of Tunis
- various state and municipal galleries
The main festivals in which the Institute usually actively and regularly participates include the International Festival of Carthage and Hammamet and the El Jem Symphonic Music Festival as well as the Carthage Film and Theatre Days.